WCDA-FM General Promotions and Contests Rules
A Message from HITS 106.3 Regarding COVID-19
WCDA-FM, HITS 106.3 has a commitment to being involved in the Lexington community, through both our listeners and our advertisers. We are involved in the promotion and execution of many events around the city of Lexington, many of which are being delayed, or canceled due to concerns regarding COVID-19. As an organization committed to both the safety and togetherness of our city, we seek to comply with all measures and guidelines put forth by the CDC, Governor Andy Beshear, and individual events. No matter the status of any event, we encourage you to take extra precautions to mitigate the spread of COVID-19: sanitize diligently, wash hands regularly, and stay home if you feel sick.
COVID-19 and the measures taken to prevent its spread have left many with questions on where to turn. Please refer to the following resources to help with any questions you may have:
Center for Disease Control – Nationwide Information on COVID-19
Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services. Kentucky’s Information on COVID-19. You can also call their hotline: (800) 722-5725.
Our Office Hours Have Changed temporarily:
Monday through Friday, 9am-4pm.
Our position on Prize Giveaways:
As events continue to cancel to prevent the spread of COVID-19, many prizes that our listeners have claimed may no longer be valid. We request your patience and understanding as we address each prize and cancellation. In the meantime, please be aware of the following policies:
Per our General Contest Rules:
WCDA -FM DOES NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVENTS CANCELED AND/OR RESCHEDULED, AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR REPLACING TICKETS/PRIZES ALREADY WON TO THE EVENTS CANCELED
PRIZES CANNOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ANY REASON
Although we recommend that you hold onto your tickets in case the event is rescheduled with the tickets still valid, we cannot guarantee that canceled events will be rescheduled, nor can we guarantee that rescheduled events will honor previously awarded tickets.
We provide tickets through a variety of means. Please see below for WCDA Policies on canceled event prizing:
If tickets were won on-air: No exchanges will be made. However, winner information will still be retained in case the event is rescheduled.
If tickets were won online (via random drawing): No exchanges or refunds will be issued. However, winner information will still be retained in case the event is rescheduled.
**PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ABOVE ONLY APPLY TO CANCELED EVENTS. NO ACCOMMODATIONS WILL BE MADE FOR THOSE WHO THOSE WHO CHOOSE NOT TO ATTEND OF THEIR OWN VOLITION.
HITS 106.3 GENERAL CONTEST RULES:
A complete copy of these General Promotions and Contest Rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WCDA-FM (the “Station”) owned and operated by LM Communications, Inc. (the “Company”), 401 West Main Street, Suite 301. Lexington, KY. 40507, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply. No entrant is eligible to win more than one prize in any contest sponsored or conducted by LM Communications, Inc., within any 45 day period. Additionally, an individual may win other seasonal or one-time contests only ONCE for the duration of the contest.
2. Unless specified otherwise, only ONE member of a household is eligible to enter each contest.
3. Only residents of the Commonwealth of Kentucky are eligible to enter contests conducted or sponsored by LM Communications, Inc. WCDA-FM reserves the right to restrict the local winners to only persons whose primary residence is within a 50 mile radius of 401 West Main Street, Suite 300. Lexington, Kentucky 40507.
4. Unless otherwise specified, all prizes must be claimed in person at the Station at the address identified above during regular business hours and within ten (10) business days of winning, excluding holidays. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to the Station to be disposed of at its discretion and becomes the property of LM Communications. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize.
5. The person claiming the prize as the winner must provide positive identification that is reasonably satisfactory to LM Communications, Inc.
6. Unless specified otherwise, you MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO WIN. Eligibility and minimal age requirements vary depending on the nature of the contest. Subject to the specific contest rules; in general, all contestants must be at least 21 years old to be eligible for all contests affiliated with an alcoholic beverage manufacturer or distributor and must be at least 18 years old to be eligible to participate in contests that include hotel/motel accommodations, motor vehicles, boats, and/or air travel as prizes, unless otherwise stated in the Official Contest Rules.
7. All contests are open to the public to win. All winners, as a condition to claiming and receiving their prize, agree to grant to LM Communications, Inc., and its affiliates the right to use their name(s), photographs, likeness, and audio or video recordings of their voice(s) and image(s) for station promotion and other related purposes.
8. All prizes must be accepted “as is” and cannot be redeemed for cash value. If a winner is unable or unwilling to accept and agree to any condition or restriction contained in these Contest Rules, the Contest Release and/or any other conditions or restrictions of a prize, then the original winner forfeits the prize and an alternate winner will be selected. In that event, the original winner shall have no further claim against LM Communications, Inc.,or its affiliates arising from the contest, including any claim to an alternative prize or other compensation.
9. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated in the Rules is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. LM Communications, Inc.does not assume responsibility for damaged or otherwise unusable prizes or merchandise, and disclaims any and all warranties, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. If the prize includes tickets to a performance or event, the Station is not responsible for cancellations due to weather, promoter or performer.
11. LM Communications, Inc. does not assume any liability for loss, damage or injury, resulting from the acceptance or use of prizes, or participating in station events or activities. Winners must sign any and all release forms required by LM Communications, Inc, as a condition of acceptance of a prize.
12. Unless otherwise stated, the odds of winning a Station contest depend on a number of factors, including but not limited to the number of eligible entries received and the number of listeners participating at any given time.
13. No employee or immediate family members of LM Communications, Inc., of participating sponsors, or of any other radio television or cable TV company operating within a 100 mile radius of the LM Communications Inc.’s broadcast transmission tower is eligible to win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others.
14. ONE ENTRY PER CONTEST unless otherwise directed, duplicate entries will be eliminated before any drawing or selection process takes place. Contests involving multiple entrants will have a winner picked by the use of random drawing from among qualified entries.
15. By participating in a Station contest, each participant agrees to receive email communications from the Station regarding Station events and contests. Any participant that opts-out of these mailings will also remove themselves from the contest. By participating in the contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Station may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
17. Event tickets must be picked up two (2) business days prior to the event or be forfeited.
18. Facebook promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
19. Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Other Signal Delivery: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear Contest information or a cue to call later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener winning this Contest may be diminished.
20. By participating in a Station contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Station personnel. Participants who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Station will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the contest and all Station decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of a contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Station, the Station reserves the right to terminate the contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as the Station deems appropriate. All decisions made by the Station are final. The Station may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF A STATION CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF A STATION CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, STATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
We do not collect personally identifiable information about our website visitors other than that which is voluntarily supplied on contest and giveaway entry forms or as part of registration for the listener Database. The information supplied is completely confidential and will be accessible only to us and participating sponsors. Individuals who volunteer this information may receive communications from us, including but not limited to email, with updates about our programming and promotions and occasional offers of value.
We conform to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. No one under the age of 13 is permitted to provide personal information to us via the Internet.
Our website uses software that gathers statistical data about visitors and their use of this website. We use this data to improve our website’s functionality, content and user experience. We do not identify individual users from this data.
This website may use cookie technology. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have visited and/or returned to a specific page. This lets us determine which pages of the website are most heavily visited and which are not. Cookies do not allow us to personally identify a visitor. If you are interested in cookie technology, you may want to read the following articles elsewhere on the Web:
About.com Cookies Guide
How Stuff Works – How Cookies Work
This website may contain links to many websites whose policies may differ from the above-described policies. Some of these links appear as banner advertising. We are not responsible for the information or privacy policies of websites other than our own.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here or by means of a notice on our home page.
We use, at a minimum, industry standard and commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the security and integrity of its website. However, we disclaim all liability for any delays, errors, viruses, or other technical problems you may experience when using the Internet, whether or not resulting directly from our website. Please let us know if you encounter any difficulties or technical issues while visiting our website, and we will attempt to address them in a timely manner. By using this website, you acknowledge and agree that this station undertakes no liability or responsibility, and makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the performance of the website, for any failure to perform or negligent performance of any service provider, or for any other risk, incident, damage or expense, direct or indirect, relating to or arising out of your use of the website. This station is not responsible for the failure or malfunction of any telecommunications or computer system, or for lost, late, or misdirected Internet communications.